FedEx Freight sponsors Women In Trucking Foundation to assist in Scholarship Awards to Women Pursuing Transportation Careers
Plover, WI… Women In Trucking (WIT) Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit affiliated with the Women In Trucking Association, is pleased to announce FedEx Freight as a new Corporate Sponsor. FedEx Freight’s recent contribution of $24,000 to the WIT Foundation will support the mission of the Foundation in forwarding the careers of women in transportation through educational scholarships and career development opportunities.
“Through this engagement with Women In Trucking Foundation, FedEx Freight is making a substantial commitment to affordable education and career development opportunities for women who are striving to make a career in transportation,” said Tracci Schultz, FedEx Freight SVP of Strategic Planning, Engineering & Operational Solutions and board director of the Women In Trucking Association.
Since 2013, the Women In Trucking Foundation has awarded nearly $100,000 in scholarships to over 100 recipients, including nearly $20,000 awarded in the spring of 2019.
“We greatly appreciate FedEx Freight’s generous gift as it will enable the Women In Trucking Foundation to increase the number of scholarships awarded this year and it affords us the ability to offer additional support to women as they seek careers in transportation or expand their knowledge base in our industry,” said WIT Foundation Chair Debora Babin Katz, VP, TrucBrushCorporation. “Corporate Sponsors, such as FedEx Freight, are making our mission possible in serving the transportation industry by attracting more women in the areas of CLD driving, technicians, safety and leadership through career support,” Katz added.
The WIT Foundation recently awarded scholarships to the following women representing the following award categories:
* Shanika Hines (Driving, Ryder WIT Foundation Scholarship)
* MaryBeth Raddatz (Driving, Ryder WIT Foundation Scholarship)
* Lakesha Hoover (Driving), Kimberly Hook (Driving, WIT Foundation Scholarship)
* Katherine Flamang-Field (Driving, WIT Foundation Scholarship)
* Heather Pinter (Driving, WIT Foundation Scholarship)
* Monica Wellington (Driving, WIT Foundation Scholarship)
* Kathleen Larson (Driving, WIT Foundation Scholarship)
* Kristi Barron (Leadership, WIT Foundation Scholarship)
* Kenya Stewart (Leadership, WIT Foundation Scholarship)
* Esther Namatovu (Leadership, WIT Foundation Scholarship)
* Sabrin Godwin (Technical, Ryder WIT Foundation Scholarship)
* Adrianna Isbell (Technical, WIT Foundation Scholarship)
* Julia Mazza (Technical, WIT Foundation Scholarship)
For more information, visit http://www.womenintrucking.org or call 888-464-9482.
About FedEx Freight
Since 2001, connecting customers with opportunity has motivated the people of FedEx Freight, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) and a leading provider of LTL freight services. We revolutionized the LTL industry with the priority and economy model, and we offer our customers both fast-transit delivery of time-sensitive freight (FedEx Freight Priority has the fastest published transit times of any nationwide LTL service) or cost-effective delivery when they can trade time for savings. Through more than 370 service centers and 25,000 motorized vehicles, FedEx Freight moves more than 115,000 LTL shipments each day throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico. With a steadfast focus on Safety Above All, our 45,000 team members are driven to innovate for our customers and give back to the communities where we live and work. To learn more, please visit about.fedex.com.