Freightliner Trucks Teams Up with Rolling Strong
LAS VEGAS, NV… Freightliner Trucks is teaming up with Rolling Strong, the leader in driver wellness programs, to bring national awareness to professional drivers through the 2012 Rolling Strong™ Driver Wellness Tour. The 2012 Rolling Strong Driver Wellness Tour kicked off on April 18, 2012, and will continue nationwide through December 12, 2012, at Pilot Flying J locations.
Freightliner Trucks will be supplying a Cascadia® truck for each of the nine events to be used as a workout demonstration with Bob Perry, “The Trucker Trainer™”, showing drivers how they can exercise while on the road.
Additionally, Freightliner Trucks has collaborated with Rolling Strong to provide 50 drivers at each event a one year’s membership in the Rolling Strong Driver Wellness Tool Bag Program. Drivers will have the opportunity to take advantage of the only driver-designed driver wellness program that provides access wellness tools where they work, on the road.
“Providing drivers with the opportunities to learn about and embrace a healthier lifestyle while on the road is an important initiative that we are proud to support,” said TJ Reed, director of product marketing for Freightliner Trucks. “We are pleased to partner with Rolling Strong in its mission and on its 2012 Driver Wellness Tour.”
Together, Freightliner Trucks and Rolling Strong will be working with each of the drivers to help educate them on tools to improve their life on the road.
“This is an industry game changer having a global brand such as Freightliner Trucks to set the bar for others to follow that the message today is all about driver health,” said Bob Perry, “The Trucker Trainer™” and chairman of the American Trucking Association’s Safety Management Council’s Health & Wellness Working Group and President of Rolling Strong. “Once again this shows the level of awareness and importance of providing drivers with the tools they need to keep them on the road to better health and get them home safely to their families.”
Download Rolling Strong’s first wellness “RoadApp” for the transportation industry at http://rollingstrong.com/app to find the closest 2012 Rolling Strong Driver Wellness Tour location or visit http://rollingstrong.com/news/category/on-the-road/. View pictures and video from each tour stop on Rolling Strong’s Facebook www.facebook.com/rollingstrong.
JUNE: BROOKS, OR - 6.20.12
JULY: LAKE STATION, IN - 7.18.12
AUGUST: DALLAS, TX - 8.22.12
SEPTEMBER: ALTOONA, IA - 9.19.12
OCTOBER: AVONDALE, AZ - 10.17.12
NOVEMBER: FORT PIERCE, FL - 11.14.12
DECEMBER: HESPERIA, CA - 12.12.12
The program is built around driver advocacy and the need to help educate them on the benefits of wellness. The event is uniquely designed for drivers as well as visitors to the Pilot Flying J travel centers to come and learn more about wellness through a highly visible, interactive, energizing and informative program. Each event will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and will include the following activities:
- All sites will have a table for healthy product samples, coupons and educational materials from Kroger Pharmacy, Bayer and E-Boost. Drivers will have the opportunity to register to win fitness prizes.
- Kroger Pharmacies will have a wellness educator available for questions and BP readings.
- Bob Perry and Rolling Strong Trainers will be onsite to take drivers through 10 minute workouts using a truck. At each event drivers will have the chance to work out and learn more about wellness tools that are available to them where they work, on the road. Other exercises will include cardio and fitness activities using the “Trucker Trainer” PowerBlock set.
- In addition, drivers will have the opportunity to walk with Bob Perry as he rolls his GoodYear® Truck Tire for 7 miles at each event. The roll event promotes awareness to increase the lifespan of the professional truck driver by making lifestyle changes on the road and at home. The 7 mile tire roll is part of a 63 mile distance. Each mile symbolizes a year of a professional driver’s life, with 61 years as the average lifespan, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Bob will be rolling the tire 63 miles total to communicate the importance of extending the life of the professional driver.
- One driver at each location will win a Grand Prize Wellness Package valued at $1,200. The package includes the “Trucker Trainer” PowerBlock Special Edition set, a PowerBlock bench, a six-month free membership to Snap Fitness using any nationwide locations, a $25 card to spend on Rolling Strong Nutritional Products and free monthly access to over 1,800 truck friendly healthcare clinics throughout the US to receive screenings (weight, BMI, heart rate and blood pressure) valued at $300.
Rolling Strong™ is the leader in driver wellness providing the only driver wellness program that is driver-designed and delivered to drivers where they work and live, on the road. Rolling Strong is on a mission to educate drivers and share life-changing products and services to help them while on the road. By providing transportation companies and their drivers as well as owner operators with in-terminal and on the road wellness programs, drivers finally have access to a wellness program that makes sense for them. Personalized wellness programs include Rolling Strong driver health and wellness checks at client terminals, access to a national network of retail clinics for bio screening and discounted acute care, DOT compliance, driver fitness programs, wellness kits and telephonic health coaching. For more information about Rolling Strong™, call 888-506-6079 or visit www.rollingstrong.com.