2nd Annual Pups & Trucks Benefit Truck Show
By Josh Riccio
The 2nd annual Pups & Trucks Benefit Truck Show Presented by SuperShowRigs to benefit Camp Papillon Animal Rescue was held on Saturday May 19, 2012. This year’s show was a picture-perfect day with zero chance of rain, unlike last year’s show, which was the same day that a hurricane came up the east coast. All morning long trucks rolled into the West End Fire Department in Brodheadsville, Pa and parked in the show field. Last year’s show had a total of 16 trucks and raised around $800, while this years show had a total of 50 registered trucks which around 65 total showing up throughout the day and raised a total of $2200 for Camp Papillon. As well as the truck show there was also a 50/50 drawing, door prize raffles, many different vendors, as well as great food. Next years show is being planned now and dates will be announced once known.
Various items were donated for the raffle thanks to the following people and companies: LargeCarMag, Trux Truck Accessories, Brooklyn Ball Buster Polish, A&A Auto parts, King of Chrome, Convoy Chrome Shop, Movin’ Out, Mini Chrome Shop, Wilkins Trailers, Sugar Sugar Candy Store, Shear Brilliance Salon, Freehand Man Tattoos, as well as various other donations by members of the animal rescue.
Trophies were also donated and the winners were as follows:
- 1st Place Dirtiest Truck: Patrick Moran 2000 Peterbilt 379
- 1st Place Combo: Papillon & Moyer 2007 Peterbilt 379 & Tri-Axle Lowboy
- 1st Place Dump Truck: David Scott 1997 Ford LTL9000
- Furthest Distance Traveled: Pierre Lanthier 1995 Kenworth W900L - 498 Miles
- 1st Place Older Than Dirt: Russell G. Bachman 1968 Brockway N360TL-13
- 1st Place Bobtail- Day cab: Brian Trezza 2007 Kenworth W900L
- 1st Place Bobtail- Sleeper: Bob Scherff 2003 Peterbilt 379
- 1st Place Pickup: James Harris 1987 Chevy Pickup
- SuperShowRigs Choice: Tom Baldwin/Hillwick 1966 Peterbilt 351
- Camp Papillon Choice: Terry Halteman 1973 Kenworth K123
To donate or find out more info about Camp Papillon, visit the website at: http://www.camppapillon.org/